Monday, July 28, 2008

Utterly Terrifying or Just Really Bad Music??

We have a thing of holy terror in our house, apparently. To us humans it may be an object of auditory pleasure but apparently- it is not music to Teagan's ears.

Behold, the horrible, terrifying GUITAR!!!! (doodooodoooooooo)

I have owned this instrument of evil for quite a while but I recently reclaimed it and decided to strum on it for a moment. Teagan ran out of the room with her tail between her legs. I guess my playing was THAT bad. In my defense, it was really out of tune. But still, I'm no Eric Clapton.

So I've tried to warm her up to the guitar by giving her treats and leaving it out on the couch where she usually sleeps. She's not fooled. She knows this thing makes horrible noises ( thanks, Teagan- really good for my self-esteem) and she's not going to be around when it comes to get us all. So far she's gotten this close:














And that was only with the help of two new stuffed squeaky toys, Daisy as a shield and a peanut butter yogurt drop.

Then I strummed it and she did the terrified slink away:














Eventually she ended up in her usual place of solace- her crate. AKA her bedroom. Now I can't tell if she's afraid of the guitar's noise or she's just going through her teenage phase and is going to start locking herself in her room and rolling her eyes a lot as if to say, "Mooooom will you puhleeese stop embarrassing me by playing that stupid guitar all the time!?" Fine Teagan- I see how it is...







Well guess what? Your sister Daisy LIKES it when I play the guitar. So there!





Well...it could just be the peanut butter yogurt drops but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!!! I love the picture of them both cowering away from the guitar. You have some precious pups!