Monday, July 28, 2008

Get in their bellies! No...not mine. Theirs.








Since we have some new pups in the family, I have been asked about food recommendations. We feed the girls Wellness pet food http://http//www.wellnesspetfood.com/.



It uses no animal by-products or fillers and since I'm kind of a health nut myself - I prefer to not have all that nasty stuff in my pet's food too. Teagan had dermodectic mange as a puppy and she needs to have a diet high in fatty acids so the Whitefish and Sweet Potato mix helps her skin and coat stay healthy. Plus, it seems to be easier on their stomachs than other food that I've tried (Nutra/Iams/Purina).



We also began feeding Wellness to our cat, Mo, who has a large abdominal growth and was very sick and skinny. We changed him to Wellness wet and dry- their wet food is human grade food- and he has gained back all the weight he lost when he was sick. I prefer my cat fat!



















Here's my fat cat pouting for more food.

Also a big hit in our house- their Turkey and Duck treats. Note: I think they smell terrible and always wash my hands thoroughly after touching them. My husband, on the other hand, thinks they smell really good and has even gone so far as to place a treat IN HIS MOUTH. I can't tell if it was just to gross me out or he actually thought it smelled that good but let's just say he did some extra rinses with Listerine before he could kiss me again...




So if good taste for humans is a selling point for you- my husband can vouch for that. I cannot and honestly, I kind of don't want to talk about it anymore because it makes me sick to my stomach.





Faces similar to the faces made that day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So ironic- I posted today about Winston's new food. We are on the same "doggie wave-length!"