Monday, September 8, 2008

Doggie DooDoo

OK- it has been a busy couple of weeks!!

We visited some of my husband's family over the long weekend. Unfortunately we had to leave Teagan behind with her dog-sitter, two pugs and a lab mix named Marley who is her bff. Teagan expressed her sadness by having diarrhea on her dog-sitter's floor. When I got the phone call, the nicest dog-sitter in the world told me it was ok and not to worry about it but I still felt terrible. I gifted her with a few more bottles of wine because I know that is exactly what I would want after cleaning up dog diarrhea but I still feel guilty about leaving my emotional dog in another person's unsuspecting home. And then I felt even more guilty about leaving Teagan. But her cousin Emma had some weird contagious wart and it was really gross so I left Teagan because her and Emma play incessantly and I figured it would less painful than quarantining one or the other. So in a way, I'm a good dog-parent. And in another way, I'm still a meanie.



Poor Teagan.

Daisy is doing well in doggie school. According to her instructor she has both "brains and beauty" and I think she's got a big head now. Oddly enough, our last class was filmed for the company and I felt a lot of pressure for Daisy to perform well and then I felt like a stage parent and then I gave her extra cheese. And now she'll probably have diarrhea but that's ok, as long as it is on my floor. I've got plenty of wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that: Brains and Beauty! Too cute!